Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »Put in perspective - the calls for support 2017 background

Put in perspective - the calls for support 2017 background

posted on #21
Supporter
Another idea, if on the wikiloopsaccount at facebook a small video presentation to share would be ready to share (at most three minutes in which the advantages and possibilities of the loops are briefly presented) so all the looper could have a facebookaccount by regularly sharing the videos support loops in addition ... each of us has a lot of musicians in his circle of friends ...
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum."
posted on #22
Supporter
I would only suggest as you've probably already considered is just making WL use able to those who donate to the cause. With maybe a free limit of uploads to try it out for initial members, as well as some marketing plans which I currently have none to offer.
posted on #23
Mitglied
An idea to grow the number of members: There are a lot of online music teachers out there in the internet. It might be helpful to get them promoting wikiloops as a helpful practice tool / platform. Maybe you could convince them to upload some of their practice backing tracks to wikiloops as a kind of cross promotion activity. Some professional musicians have successful youtube channels as well with a teaching or reviewing character. They might be interested in some cross promotion as well. Just mentioning wikiloops in the comments of such clips could spread the word as well.
This at least how I learned about wikiloops. And i found out about other musicians activities in social media via wikiloops. So if we want to give Dick a hint on how to grow awareness of wikiloops in the internet, we could tell him how we stumbled over wikiloops. There are maybe similar channels that could get explored.
posted on #24
Supporter
badprimer wrote:
...with maybe a free limit of uploads to try it out for initial members.

Mind, this is already in place :) The "free" account is limited to one download per day and one upload per week, these rules apply to anyone registered via the latest wikiloops version that went live on august 1st 2017.

Lirare wrote:
... So if we want to give Dick a hint on how to grow awareness of wikiloops in the internet, we could tell him how we stumbled over wikiloops. There are maybe similar channels that could get explored.

Spot on :) Reaching out to online teachers and other key people who have a reach into larger numbers of musicians is one of the prime ways to get the word out about wikiloops, and double-yes to spreading the word by youtube comments - that is something anyone with a youtube account can easily do, and we've "recruited" some phantastic players that way in the past.
Thanks to all who ever gave a hand that way, and thanks to anyone who may be in contact with some online teacher and could provide a first-contact which I could follow up.
I've been reaching out to some of the quite famous online guitar & bass teachers out there, but that's not as easy as one might expect - being a paying student of their classes would definetly help to get in touch I guess, so, should you happen to be... feel free to let me know and give an assist in establishing a first contact.
I totally agree a lot of effort should be invested into increasing the active userbase, the more folks are around, the lower the per-head operation and development cost.
However, while this is a key factor to get wikiloops funded at some point in the future, it's one of the reason why wikiloops needs a solid budget until we reach the critical size of userbase - to get exactly that kind of promotion work done, too :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #25
Supporter
i'd bump my donation up 200% but me alone wont solve anything. I haven't used wikiloops for a year or more but continue to donate because I freaking love this site. It brought life back into my dead soul!
RTK
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Bruno.A from France

"Great musicians and big jam for free ... what else ?"

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Lies mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.