Grim Reaper

posted on #1
Fishinmissio
Mitglied
OK..Most of us are up there in the age category. I went to the coast last Friday...and suffered some really bad chest pains. Kinda thought "This is it..." Regardless..the thought of passing.. at a remote loctaion..far away from loved ones...kinda gave me a different perspective on things. Anyone of you been there? Where ya thought it was "the moment"??

Something to think about.. just wondering if any of y'all been there?
+6
posted on #2
Fishinmissio
Mitglied
Oh..and as an update..I made it..thank God. More tests coming..yippeeB)
+10
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
wjl Supporter
Fishinmissio wrote:
Anyone of you been there? Where ya thought it was "the moment"??

Something to think about.. just wondering if any of y'all been there?

Hi Mark,

I had this a lot when I was (a lot) younger, up to the age of around 26 or 27 or so. Panic attacks on the streets, thinking "This is it!?".

Don't know if that was rather a psychological than another symptom, but things got better once I thought this through - like "... and? So? What if?".

Guess we all have to face it that, yes, one day the world will continue without us. The one good thing about that thought is that it helps to focus. Last year I was diagnosed with atherosclerosis, so you start realizing that each day is a present.

Glad to hear that you're alright, man! So thumbs up for your health my friend!

Cheers,
Wolfgang
+7
posted on #4
franber
Mitglied
Yes, I have lived this often. I am even dead 4 times. Heart failure. The first time was at the hospital. The doctors revived me.
Then I had a defibrilator implanted and he gave me some electric shocks.
Now, for 12 years, I have a new heart and I do not have this problem anymore.
Other problems happen. . . .

But LIFE is WONDERFULL !
+9
posted on #5
Uloisius
Mitglied
Thank you Mark, Wolfgang & Franber for your openness.
This is a very serious topic and I think it's good to talk about it here. In my childhood and adolescence, I had at least three near-death experiences. Twice I was rescued by an emergency operation (both times it was an intestinal arrest) and once I jumped as a child with a head of a beam in the hay and lay there for 5 minutes and could not move. I saw the other kids standing next to me and talking to me, but I could not do anything. Then life came back gradually. Now that I am older, I now and then quite unexpectedly feel a pain (stinging) in my heart, but very rarely, when it does, I feel reminded of my finiteness. Since 15 years I only work part-time, so I have little money but a lot of time I spend with my wife, with reading, music or in the garden. I realize that every day could be the last. Life is beautiful and I like to live. It is a gift to walk the earth. From the whole more, more, faster, faster, faster, I said goodbye, what really counts is real happiness, peace and quiet.
+11
posted on #6
GoneUser_200920
Mitglied
Mark glad to hear you're okay. As middle-aged guys we do neglect our health until it's too late many times. Hoping the best for you. I am turning the big 60 in December. Couldn't feel better most days. Sleep apnea, mild arthritis and A congenital back problem has slowed the 16 year old down a bit. This is what I feel like mentally some days. I can say Lord how different I am today from when I was 40. You think a lot about life's accomplishments , xcetera. As a young child I had pneumonia quite a bit and there was times that I wouldn't have made it if it weren't for the grace of God.
Do I fear death nowadays? I've had a few close calls that I was protected from. No I do not fear death I'm not looking forward to checking out early but,no. I became a Christian at 14 years of age. I have the assurance that I will be in heaven. Absent from the body present with the Lord. Without going into all the theology.This is Our Hope. That we can live eternally with our creator. This is based on nothing I've done but everything Jesus has provided. The Apostle Paul said it, death where is thy sting?

Admit it or not everybody has to deal with this. I'm not bashful in sharing my faith. In 2007, I watched my mom pass at home. She developed Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma at 80 years of age. I was in the room with her sleeping on a cot and I was hearing her draw her last breaths. This was pretty hard for me. She was a Christian and I look forward to seeing her again. For me, the question has been answered about my eternity. The most wonderful part am I going to be good enough to get into heaven? The answer is no it has never been based on my righteousness. It is all based on Christ's death on the cross. If my answers bother others on the wiki sorry about that. You still have to answer the question how do I prepare for eternity? I guess you've heard this said you're not promised tomorrow. Mark let us know how you're doing? Praying for the best Greg.
+11
posted on #7
Fishinmissio
Mitglied
So yeah..Finally made it into the cardiologist yesterday (yeah..even THEY get sick..lol). EKG confirmed I indeed suffered a heart attack. Just so you all know..symptoms may vary. I did not experience the classic symptoms often discussed. My symptoms could best be described as having a hot water bottle of boiling water placed on my chest. So I wanted to share that with you. And I am thankful I'm still here, and that all of you are as well. Don't sweat the small stuff<3
+16
posted on #8
OliVBee Supporter
glad you're still around to tell the story :)
+2
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #9
Marceys Supporter
Hey Mark!

That’s a bad thing! Glad you are oke! Take good care of yourself and you know music is the best medicine!

Greetings!

Marc
+3
posted on #10
Mikebanez
Mitglied
God bless you Mark. so glad you are feeling better we all love you here:)
+2
posted on #11
kmoon235 Supporter
So happy to hear you are alright Mark. Lets make music while we can my friend<3
keith
+3
posted on #12
AnneCozean Supporter
That's a scary story! Glad you are still here. Enjoy your every moment, Mark.
+3
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
posted on #13
pconey
Mitglied
Take it easy Mark my friend. Glad you are here! Look after yourself :)
+3
posted on #14
wjl Supporter
Waiting for your "good morning" every day my friend. And glad when I see it :)

Take care Mark!
+4
posted on #15
MajorTom_III
Mitglied
Mark, my grandma had a heart attack when she was 59. The doctor told her she needed to have a triple bypass. She told him "no way". He gave her nitroglycerin pills to take whenever she had pain or tightness in her chest. Whenever she did, she would place the tiny pill under her tongue. She never again had a heart attack and lived to be 94. The doctor said that when we reach 60 our blood vessels will actually grow out and into the arteries to feed them more blood. My dad had a completely blocked artery and after the autopsy (he died of lung cancer) the report said that the blood vessels had grown out of the artery and around the blockage and back into the artery to feed it with blood. It is amazing what our body will do. And luckily when we reach 60 it will do so much more for us. Start using genuine olive oil too. Glad you are doing better. Stay positive...it's the best medicine
+3
posted on #16
ROBJOL Supporter
The cardiologist said to me exactly what tom says.

Five years ago I had two heart attacks. I came very very close to die.

I recently had a cardiac echography test and it was clear that peripheral blood vessels had "bypassed" the arterial blockages. I have four blockages at more than 50%. The cardiologist said to me that this phenomenon occurs only with people of a certain age. It does not happen among young people.
+3
posted on #17
TeeGee Supporter
ROBJOL wrote:The cardiologist said to me that this phenomenon occurs only with people of a certain age. It does not happen among young people.

So you are telling me that there is at least one advantage of being old?? :o :D
+6
posted on #18
King1971 Supporter
[img]https://goo.gl/images/RwiLpc[/img]
+1
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
posted on #19
Fishinmissio
Mitglied
Well..thanks for all the encouraging words folks. Here's where I am at right now. Three weeks after having a heart attack..I have made two appointments, one with the Cardiologist, who called in sick. That appointment was delayed one week, and when I finally got in, that's when my EKG confirmed I indeed had experienced a heart attack. So then..at that time..I was put on a "rush" for an Echo-cardiogram the following week to assess the damage. That was last Thursday, and THAT appointment got canceled as well, and moved back one week. So..here it is..three weeks now after the fact, and nobody knows the extent of the damage I suffered. Hope it all isn't a bad omen:|
+1
posted on #20
kmoon235 Supporter
Hang in there Mark and Godspeed on a full recovery my friend<3
keith
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I am an active member on this awesome site since 2011 and i am jamming nearly every day with lots and lots of friends from all around the world ;)
Basster from Germany

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.