Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
New wikiloops version 14 open for preview

New wikiloops version 14 open for preview

posted on #61
M4fp Supporter
Thanks for the reply Dick. The thing is, in addition to being a musician, I'm also an audiophile. But maybe I exaggerated the concept, in fact I listened to very old songs in streaming, which probably originally sounded bad. For the new ones everything seems to be fine.
Thanks again.:W
posted on #62
LittleWing Supporter
M4fp wrote:
Thanks for the reply Dick. The thing is, in addition to being a musician, I'm also an audiophile. But maybe I exaggerated the concept, in fact I listened to very old songs in streaming, which probably originally sounded bad. For the new ones everything seems to be fine.
Thanks again.:W

Look up "Audio Dithering". It happens on all streaming platforms.
Dithering is adding low end noise to a track to keep it from digitally collapsing over time.
Most limiters and Daws can do it.
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #63
Krasimir Supporter
Krasimir wrote:
Today i got following problem. Once download track,Adobe Audition system accepted as unsuported format. Tried old files and all ok. See attached and help.Tried again and can only download wav files instead of MP3.

Hi Dick,
Problem is not over for me and i am still not able to download Wikiloops mp3 files and use on Adobe Audition. I can only download wav files if they persist. Yesterday i tried from various other sources Spotify,looperman,SoundCloud,MP3 Juices and no any problem.Based on same feel that is some limitation by wikiloops.Unfortunately i am now very much limited to enjoy and use Wikiloops .I also send you via e mail.All old files i can download without problem...Pls help.
Krasimir attached the following image:

Edited by Krasimir on 30. April 2023 um 06:49
KrisBG
posted on #64
tonyx62 Supporter
Hi Dick
I don't know if this is a common thing for everyone right now, but it seems that the profile is missing the picture in the upper right corner.
tonyx62 attached the following image:

+3
posted on #65
MySounds Supporter
Seems at least in thgis case the instruments are not displayed correctly
MySounds attached the following image:

Edited by MySounds on 1. Mai 2023 um 21:58
posted on #66
SupJax
Mitglied
Looks good. 2016 version was the goat, remember the golden highlights? I don't know why there were remakes one after another

The thumbs button on album jams has been fixed? That's nice I think. People were spamming Likes over the years, they didn't count.
But. Site has to grow. So, I'm good with that
posted on #67
rootshell Supporter
Hi Dick, I noticed once a track has been uploaded (vocals), when you go back to "Edit" the lyric option/box isn't there anymore. Desktop Chrome browser and Windows 10. Also verified on mobile phone as well.
+1
posted on #68
LittleWing Supporter
I cant create any new band pages because Im occupying 112 TB of precious server storage.

When trying to create a new band room ,I recieve this error:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/WaTbDFl.png[/img]

I then go to a band page Ive had forever called "Test"
to assign space for my projects to free up for a new Band page and notice Ive already exceeded my setting.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/FgKhzTw.png[/img]

Ive assigned 1gb but currently at 112.13 TB???

That may be true and I actually do have that much, but obviously
thats alot of memory to free up and to do it one file at a time is is alot of work.The setting didnt stop at 1gb

I use my "Test" room to preview how its going to sound before uploading.
Multiple test versions of files are added almost daily.
The "Delete after 90 days " setting is not working as Ive been accumulating server space since December 18, 2018 because nothing auto deletes.
Honestly I never check that its deleted something 90 days later. In 90 days I can literally have 100 uploads to my test page so all I ever see is recent projects.

I appreciate the storage space though!

I hope Im not the reason you had to upgrade to more server room! Sorry! I dont mean to be a Data Piggy.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/DZYhdCt.png[/img]
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #69
LittleWing Supporter
Bump
posted on #70
Dick Supporter
Thanks for the notion, I'll need to investigate that (was out for the weekend). I'll get in touch with you by PM as a follow up.
+1
posted on #71
LittleWing Supporter
Dick wrote:
Thanks for the notion, I'll need to investigate that (was out for the weekend). I'll get in touch with you by PM as a follow up.

Due to the amount of space it says is being consumed just want to make sure you see it. No worries or urgency . Thank you.

There is nothing in "TEST" that I even care to keep. You have permission to delete , reset or wipe any or all of it while troubleshooting.You dont have to ask.Its all just used test files.
+1
posted on #72
LittleWing Supporter
Is it me or does "Search" not even work other then track numbers?

The search field above chat ONLY does track numbers but it says to enter number OR Keyword.

If you go to search at top of page , go to backing tracks and enter something in the search field ,select "all tracks" no matter what I type I get all unrelated and random to what Im specifically searching for.

At no time does keyword appear to work.
+1
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #73
Karuma
Mitglied
LittleWing wrote:
Is it me or does "Search" not even work other then track numbers?

I had the same experience a couple of days ago but I thought that it was just me being to stupid to use the search function. So it's good to know that it really is a bug. Let's see what Dick says
posted on #74
Dick Supporter
I have just tested again, searching for "breaking point" as my test query.
The panel above the shoutbox does offer a bunch of tracks, forum posts & albums,
and the track page in "any track" mode delivers a good looking set of results as well, so, I'm inclined to say it does work as intended -

But it has not been working like this for long, I fixed another thing just two or three days ago, and shame on me, I must admit it probably didn't work beyond track IDs and artist names for a couple of weeks.

And then (and I believe that may be LittleWings issue), there still is a certain timeframe between 3-4 am CET when the darn text search index is being refreshed - that currently takes too long, and during the refresh you wont have a lot of matches... if you happen to try search during that time of the day, you wont be happy with the results, I really need to implement some different build & swap mechanism there.
Dick attached the following image:

posted on #75
TeeGee Supporter
Lol I was just answering when I saw Dick's reply. P.S. There is still a difference between the number of tracks it shows on the shoutbox (614) and when you click on it, the search page opens and there it says "402 tracks to discover".
+2
posted on #76
LittleWing Supporter
Dick wrote:
I have just tested again, searching for "breaking point" as my test query.
The panel above the shoutbox does offer a bunch of tracks, forum posts & albums,
and the track page in "any track" mode delivers a good looking set of results as well, so, I'm inclined to say it does work as intended -

But it has not been working like this for long, I fixed another thing just two or three days ago, and shame on me, I must admit it probably didn't work beyond track IDs and artist names for a couple of weeks.

And then (and I believe that may be LittleWings issue), there still is a certain timeframe between 3-4 am CET when the darn text search index is being refreshed - that currently takes too long, and during the refresh you wont have a lot of matches... if you happen to try search during that time of the day, you wont be happy with the results, I really need to implement some different build & swap mechanism there.

Its now 11:37 PM where I am Dick,

It does appear "somewhat better" then today at 3:30pm
Ill start with "Hingstler" as the search criteria in the top menu search. Searching all tracks it does bring up a "Left the Loops" profile of the member known as Hingstler.
I want to find a track that I know exists called "Mr Hingstler". That never appears. So Im thinking it doesnt look at track titles?

My second attempt... I know there is a song buring deep in Wikiloops called "Are You Serious?"
I am attempting now to search "Serious".
Nothing comes back even close. There is alot of stuff that did return in the results howver so whats it looking at when it comes back with the results?
I then attempt the full title "Are You Serious?" Whoa man Im waiting forever........its taking alot of time but when it does come back with results ... It didnt find it.

NOW HERES WHERE IT DOES WORK...

Ernie just posted a track called "Hands Off My Orchids".

I do a search for "orchids" and it came back with just four songs all with "Orchid" in the title.

That looks like its working.

It also works in search above the chat.

Seems like search gets confused going more than a year or two back.
Searching for "Hingstler " DID find the former members closed profile and pop[ulated songs from his track list but didnt find a song with "Hingstler" as the title.
So does that mean after a certain date , search doesnt go into the deep wikiloops vaults?

Update: I tried track #7041 West Virginia Love Song from likle 2012 or 2013. Searched "Virginia" and it found it and another song.

MAybe it is the 3:30pm refresh....I dont know , But it did just work now for track 7041 and didnt the other day. Im confused. Ill conceed it works much better now at the moment to where its not an issue.
+1
posted on #77
Dick Supporter
thanks for supplying these reference search terms, I'll look into each of them and try to figure out why the behaviour is as different as you are pointing out. Some tracks may indeed be omitted from being indexed for text search (simplest example: the track may have been reported, so it shouldn't be indexed any longer).
And then, there is that really annoying effect of over-saturating, which is most likely the case on "Are you serious?" - "are" "you" are naturally of little text matching relevance, so they might be ignored all together, and we do have a member named "serious", which might lead to a large number of tracks being tagged with "serious", to an extent where the indexer decides "this term shows up on X% of all results, it doesn't seem to be a good qualifier to find something specific...".
I'll go and check and see what can be done, would be nice to get that into decent shape.
+2
posted on #78
zedders Supporter
The radio is still showing the wrong players playing the wrong instruments. :)

...and - does it ever get updated? I know the "latest jams" one does, but the others appear to be stuck a year or two ago.
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
posted on #79
Dick Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
I want to find a track that I know exists called "Mr Hingstler". That never appears.
My second attempt... I know there is a song buring deep in Wikiloops called "Are You Serious?"
I am attempting now to search "Serious".
I then attempt the full title "Are You Serious?" Whoa man Im waiting forever........its taking alot of time but when it does come back with results ... It didnt find it.

I have spent the last two evenings working on the text search issue, and my current state of things actually finds these tracks now (after a lot of tweaking...).
I'd be happy to have some feedback on that before I move it to the live wikiloops, you may test drive it here:
https://www.wikiloops.com/tracks/track-finder.php?search=are%20you%20serious
+1
posted on #80
Dick Supporter
zedders wrote:
The radio is still showing the wrong players playing the wrong instruments. :)

...and - does it ever get updated? I know the "latest jams" one does, but the others appear to be stuck a year or two ago.

One major issue at a time, but I'll eventually get around to that one, too.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
This site is the best fun you can have with your instrument other than making love or live music. Guaranteed!
TeeGee from Germany

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.