Home » Forum » Hey there... »
Anti-war song - great video jam for all

Anti-war song - great video jam for all

posted on #41
Dick Supporter
oh, dont say that steve :) its not dead, it just smells funny :)
I have been thinking about this many times, but as i stated earlier in this thread, there are some things about the approach that has been taken which I feel lead to this ...er... rather slowish development.

Well, I wont repeat what i have said about this earlier, but I feel you should not see this as a failure - first of all, you sent a signal, which was received and appreciated around the wikiloops community.
We could still take this a lot further than this, but I'd need some people to assist and a general OK to coordinate it properly.
Dont hang your head, slon, its never too late to speak up against war!
posted on #42
AnneCozean Supporter
not dead, Steve! people are "mulling."
8)
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #43
SlonMusic
Mitglied
Dick wrote:

Dont hang your head, slon, its never too late to speak up against war!

you're right. the new war began a few days ago. So that we can start this topic at any time - politics will always find a new reason for war, and people will find a new reason for the song
posted on #44
SlonMusic
Mitglied
AnneCozean wrote:
not dead, Steve! people are "mulling."
8)

nice to hear from you, Anne:)
posted on #45
Slimdaver
Mitglied
Check out 24606. First attempt at something.
posted on #46
PeterVeillon
Mitglied
I'm on board. I want to show the world how to unite and that there is still hope and we can make this world a better place. We must end the madness. I am truly ashamed of the war criminals that are leading my country into darkness. I am planning a peaceful protest in my hometown. It's just a small gesture but I can't just sit there and watch this happen and then look my family in the eye.

Peace Love Forever your friend and ally
Peter V
posted on #47
Danalyze45
Mitglied
I am in...I have also sent some feelers out to some friends who I know feel the same as we all do here on the topic. War is not a solution or answer. One would think that as "civilized" as we are, that this would not be an issue at this day in time. Anyway, I would be happy to add some bits if anyone would like, but will also try to get some of my musical friends to contribute...a few have songs already along these lines that I think many here would enjoy and would fit the project :)

Dan
posted on #48
Rod_Stevens
Mitglied
Steve and FreshFunk's anti-war song on YouTube is a great, serious, mature, no bullshit foundation.

Check it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Kb98MCTUY

Seeing as how others are invited, it just needs time stretch to accommodate lyrics and my long winded guitar playing.

Just joking, but save me a 2 second spot for a single note bend with my anti-war head on camera from Australia :)
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #49
SlonMusic
Mitglied
Peter, Dan, Rod, glad you are on board guys=) Many thanks!

"I am planning a peaceful protest in my hometown. It's just a small gesture but I can't just sit there and watch this happen and then look my family in the eye."
Peter, thank you for this words, bro

24606 - nice one, Slim. seems I have some thoughts how to support and develop this idea

See you soon=)
posted on #50
SlonMusic
Mitglied
24652=)
posted on #51
Slimdaver
Mitglied
Slon, that turned out great! Shows the potential in the new wikiloops updates. Having access to the individual tracks is a great thing!!
posted on #52
SlonMusic
Mitglied
Ok. Today i'll post this stuff. let us accept it like one of possible variants
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
posted on #53
SlonMusic
Mitglied
On the air... 24817

A little sketch with my "vocals" 24815
posted on #54
Danalyze45
Mitglied
Awesome work on the video Steve and FreshFunk.

"Music does not lie. I f there is something to be changed in this world, then it can happen through music." -- Jimi Hendrix

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -- Aldous Huxley
posted on #55
JanSimone Supporter
Just now learning about this project. Awesome! :D
posted on #56
Danalyze45
Mitglied
BTW all...24876 Was something I put together that was heavily influenced by the goings on in the world and would welcome any who want to join in on it. I have no lyrics in mind, but it could be easily adjusted to accommodate if someone has vox for it. I can also strip it down for others to add...I posted it somewhat "complete" just to give ideas as to where I hear it going in my head :) Peace from the West Coast :)

Dan
posted on #57
SlonMusic
Mitglied
Nice one, Dan!=)
posted on #58
mic1011
Mitglied
No offense but please keep your politics to yourself.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #59
Dick Supporter
Hey mic1011 -
I believe in freedom of speech, so, no offense, but please do accept anyone is allowed to express their opinions as long as they do it in a respectful way and as long as there is no offensiveness about them (no -isms, as stated in our terms).

I totally understand people will have different opinions about politics, and you are neither obliged to agree with the opinions offered here, nor to reading this post :)

If we weren't grown up enough to accept peoples different ideas and to stay away from those we don't share politely, how in the world could we have Metal AND Reggae on wikiloops?
posted on #60
Rod_Stevens
Mitglied
mic1011 wrote:
"No offense but please keep your politics to yourself."

Who are you taking too?
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I support wikiloops because I once didn't have money and really wanted to have a database like this! Now that I do have a little more money, I can help!
Edwardough from United States

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.