Home » Forum » Developers blog »
Late september news

Late september news

Hello there, fellow friends of wikiloops!

Today I'd like to catch up with some things worth being noted here for the sake of keeping a log-book, but I also have a current issue to announce, so let me start with that:

The quite odd "I have 45k extra listeners showing on my track"-bug which has been sighted during the past few weeks has struck quite a number of tracks,
and I have looked into the issue and reset some obviously affected counter values,
plus added a patch that will auto-correct counter stats which go wrong.
If you are among those who monitor your listener stats very closely (I learned some of you do), you may notice a drop in displayed listeners today- that is very likely to be the result of my fix, so do not worry.
Since your profile listeners statistic involves all remixes of tracks you contributed,
it may change due to one of these remixes having been affected, too.

Now, that being said, let me go over the notable events of the past weeks since my last blog post here, in which I announced the wikiloops 10.0 interface release:
from my perspective, the change-over to the new version went comparably smooth, there were no severe functional issues and hardly any user irritation.
The newly added features like the wav-to-mp3 converter are being used quite a lot right from the start.
Still, such upgrades always come with some unforeseeable technical issues, one of them resulting in the "45k-listeners-bug" I took care of this morning.
I guess its safe to say I have made more than 150 partially quite severe changes between the initial 10.0 release and today, but since all that happened without any major dropouts, I'd say this was a smooth change-over.

Next thing to mention is -of course- the 4th wikiloops member meeting which took part in early september - you can find a bit of video here:
https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=547

and also should not miss the updated member meeting image gallery, which has been added to the history and events page, here:
https://www.wikiloops.com/history.php
I guess the images tell you more then what I could say with many words.
It was once more a very beautiful gathering with lots of musical exchange, good jams and good fun.
Let me put it this way: If someone from sweden rides 700km by bicycle to get there, while others fly in from the other end of the world ... then the event can't be all bad, right?
Once more thanks to my wife and family and the Eifel-musicians who helped a lot ... it wouldn't work without you :)

Last, for those who can be interested to check out some more in-depth info on what I am working on, I'd like to point you at the "have a look behind the curtain"-article I posted a few weeks ago, which lists 15+ fields of action involved in keeping wikiloops around.
Quite the read, but maybe of interest to some of you:
https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1593

What I am currently focused on is the translation of the new interface to german, french, portuguese and italian, which involved more than a week of preparation work on my end, contacting the brave volunteer translators and updating them how the new translation interface format works.
We are by now slowly beginning with the real translation work - should there be interest to join the translators, we'd be very happy to have some support on the spanish and portuguese.
Chances are we will be able to update these subdomains of wikiloops within the year, which all of a sudden does not seem to be that much time any longer.

As days are getting shorter, I'm happy to see the annual return of the northern hemispehere musicians when summer comes to an end - looking foreward to a fall full of music,
happy jamming to all of you out there!

As alwasy, the stats of the moment:
92,626 tracks online
50,964 members registerred
295 supporting members
TeeGee
Your rock, dear Dick! +0
slin
Thanks for the great work you do Dick...<3 +0
Posted on

Founder of
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
It expands your horizon - and you don't have to make appointments!
taBASSco from Belgium

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.