Wish list!

posted on #1
AirFlow
Mitglied
Hi,

My question, it is possible to make more additions to the comment box on the Jam- like "Kommentar schreiben" with additions, for example, jpg files. I would share tablature or chords table in a small jpg format for others to see different chords in a whole Jam/Song. Ok is now an idea for this...but more features to this comment box in a Jam would be nice. If it is anytime possible - post it -thanks

What you think about this Dick?
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
the idea is good - posting attached files was considered earlier for those wanting to share a leadsheet.
From my point of view, attaching files is always a bit of an security issue...
To embed the Graphic or Image would be very nice, the problem is, it would move down the comments list with time (latest comments will be shown), so that would not be a good solution.
Another way would be allowing a) a longer descriptive text or b) a leadsheet file upload, both could be integrated in the upload dialogue.
Then again, people might want to attach content after to an session they shared before, which would lead to the need to another interface where you may edit your extended comment / file... that would be a lot of work, but propably worth doin it.

I could imagine a soulution with another white link below the "download" link in the player, offering to view the atached file in a new browser window, and a little text-box displaying the extra info, propably to be displayed above the comments, so it wont go down with time...
hope to find some time to code during the holidays, right now, all is Xmas :/

One problem with offering additional input within the upload procedure is people who leave theese info blank, some dont even take the time to choose the right time signature... for future database organisation, every info on a track is valuable, but not every one is interested in this aspect I'm affraid....

we'll see!
best wishes

Dick
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
Dopelope1
Mitglied
Dick,

I love the idea of being able to share tabs for a song. If there is an easy way to do it please do so. :D
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
I am willing to do my best, BUT I have never worked with tabs, so I need some explanation what would be cool - please enligten me!

What would be helpful?
A) uploading a document, a .doc or .pdf file in which you may do as you please. .jpg is possible too, but I'm affraid few people are enuf of a grafics whiz to get that done so it looks good when buildt into the viewpage... too many size parameters to be thought of...
B) a form, where you would select chord by chord from a dropdown-menue - I could code smething that would load an image of the chord(Tab) you chose... but then, I'd need to have all possible chords and tabs of theese first. Well, that should be managable - or am I wrong in this? Once the data is there, its quite easy to automatise the rest... I'd offer maybe 24 tabs per track, is that enuf??
edit: this would only show the chord-tab, no way to include picking numbers automaticly...

I think, there should be some way of describing the part changes in short, like some do in the riffs now. Like "repeat part A 2x times, then B-part, again 2x A-part, B-part, 2x C-part" condensed to the "A A B A A B C C", but opticly different, so one would not take it for chord info by accident.

Adding more info to tracks is always good, for it will make finding the right jam easier in the future.
Thinking about a "sounds like"-field too. That might be interesting for free textsearch some day... should not invite to posting covers :)
I'll develop a beta upload formular soon, please give me some feedback in the tab thing!
posted on #5
AirFlow
Mitglied
Hi Dick,

super idea that you want to do with the addition of Chord and Tabs.

I think 24 is enough - if you need corroboration of chords here a tip.

[url]http://www.gitarrenlinks.de/a/guitar.html[/url]

For Tabs, what is the best Format!

I don't know - I think a doc. is ok but sometimes on variations Computers displaying always other.
I think PDF would be the better solution. Alway Tabs /Chords displaying correct. Perhabs a JPG Format would be great. If is after upload integreated on the Page. With a Lightbox effekt it would be displaying the JPG in a better view. I know this is much work of this to do.

Thanks Dick for the ideas - keep it up.
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
OK, thanks for the link...
I have made a little jpg-assembly to show how I think ths should look in the end... see pic below

I think its good to make the tabs an extra option, for bassists like me will stick to the "part" info, so the tabs-link will be shown only if tabs where posted...
in my idea, the tabs would replace the comment space, a "print" link leading to a blank page with Title, author and tabs... that would do the job, wouldn't it?
I wouldn't put more than five Tabs in a row on display, so the pix dont get too small on a widescreen...

IF this would work, would a seperate file upload still be necessary?? I believe users would rather fill in the tabs online than create a extra document... this is going to be a great addition... and a lot of work :)
Dick attached the following image:

posted on #7
AirFlow
Mitglied
Dick, things are shaping up well.
posted on #8
Dick Supporter
hmmm... how to deal with several ways of playing the same chord? like playing a Am in 5ths fret or in 1st?
should there be three ways of Am selectable when entering your tabs?!
I'm just thru with creating a GIMP-template to create the pics... thats a hell of a lot of work with the Akkordmaster. this is how the tabs will look if i continue...
Dick attached the following image:

Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #9
Pete-Silence
Mitglied
great idea, looks very good !!!
posted on #10
Dick Supporter
http://www.wikiloops.com/tabtestarea.php

this is where you can see how far i got in 12hours :)

right now, you may save three parts with max6 tabs each, and add repetition info, too.

this will be possible for any jam, right now you have only one go, and since I have not included a edit option, you wont be able to change your three parts once you are done... this is going to be fun friends :)
posted on #11
Dick Supporter
believe it or not, the tab selector is part of the remix upload form by now :)
as soon as there is the first tabbed upload, you will see a textlink "tab" next to the usual "show riff", hit it, and tabs will be shown as planned....

be impressed :) cmon! that was not an easy one, and YES I know there is some chords missing :) which ones do you miss worst?!

...all for your enjoyment... :)
if anyone would like to tab teir old uploads, that can be done too, justlet me know if you're interested :)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is good for your creativity. Where else do you get to jam with many excellent musicians, world-wide, from the comfort of your studio?
Gatorblue from United States

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.