Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Searching Filtering and sorting remix tree

Searching Filtering and sorting remix tree

posted on #1
nilton
Mitglied
One thing i would appreciate is the option to sort the remix tree in different ways. Lets say i want to put guitar on a track that has maybe 4 different basslines of which some have additional overdubs including some guitars. Also these basslines can be at different levels in the tree, some nodes have bass first and maybe keys later or vice versa.

Now there are a number of things i look for.
1) I want to find the version that suits my intended playing the best
2) I want to avoid copying someone else, intentional or by accident
3) I still want to get ideas, impulses and inspiration from others

This means that there is a lot of clicking in the remix tree going on and it is sometimes a tad difficult for me to orient between versions.

One way to do this would be to add a search/sort/filter function similar to the instrument section with include/exclude and sorting. This way i could exclude other guitars f.ex. Preferably the nodes should be with all levels lower than the search result collapsed but expandable.
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
holy shamuzzle... that would call for a complete rebuilt of the tree display... getting the sub filters to work would be difficult, but keeping them across track navigation will be even worse... and you surely would not like to re-set your filters after moving to another track...
I'll have to split this into sub-tasks, and tbh, the "collapsable branches" (like the windows folder collapse [+] or [-] before any folders) seems to be the most obvious improvement,
I'll have to think thru the filtering for a bit.

I also wonder if you have at any time been making use of the so called "side flip" arrows in the musicians tab (next to the latest branch participant), I find these very convenient to skim thru same-level-same-instrument branches, especially good to compare 15 bass remixes of a drum track without needing to scroll in the remix tree view...
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
nilton
Mitglied
I would rather take a snapshot of the subtree in order and rebuild that.

Yes. i have tried the sideflip with some success, but does it work when remixes of the instrument requested are on different levels of the tree (e.g. first a bass overdub then keys vs first keys and then bass)?? If so that would solve a lot
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
[img]http://www.wikiloops.com/forum/images/tree2016.png[/img]

...after another long night on the code... this seems to work nicely.
Of course all the grouping/imploding is lost as soon as you move to the next jam... will see if I can fix that as well, I guess that's the most obvious/irritating problem...
posted on #5
nilton
Mitglied
Wow!!! Incredible work! Very close to what i had in mind.
But (there is always a but(t), isn't there) this does not show up in my browser. Im sure it will eventually
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
its a screenshot taken from my development laptop... it will take a load of beta testing and 1001 other things before this will appear on the live version, I should have mentioned that :)
posted on #7
nilton
Mitglied
Thats what i suspected
posted on #8
OliVBee Supporter
very cool in the making feature ! :)
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #9
Dick Supporter
I actually got it to the point nilton was probably envisioning -

first, all branches are collapsable as you'd expect from looking at above screenshot, and
second - once you navigate from the tree to another jam within the same tree, you will be looking at the exact same tree (including your collapsed branches state) as before, with the current track highlighted in red.
That is A LOT nicer to browse now :)
Le jamsession online di wikiloops sono disponibili con il gentile sostegno di:
user profile image
Wikiloops, the first place for sharing my ideas in music. Meet fantastic musicians all over the world. I'm learning every day! You will love it!!
frankyguitar - Germany

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.