Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Talking about time

Talking about time

posted on #1
Neronick
Mitglied
How much time do you invest for a recording?

That's my way:
Getting a new idea (daily): 4 seconds
Playing the A-part: 4 minutes
Finding B-part: 3x4 minutes
Improving arrangement, intro and outro: 4 days later, 4 month later, 40 years later (depends on song)
Creating/Finding a backing track:
40 to 400 minutes (including setting up devices and software)
RECORDING: 20 minutes
Gives 3 minutes of raw audio
Mixing, clueing together: at least 3 hours...

Some more work to do:
Writing lyrics. Typing. Working on the melody. Notating voicings, melody, leadsheet etc., etc.

All inclusive it can take 10 to 25 hours per song.

If you play a song of 3 minutes to an audience of 1000 people you can invest 3000 minutes for your work because they invest 3000 minutes of their lifetime, too.

That can be called "balanced"
:)
Have a creative day!
posted on #2
Wade Supporter
Interesting way of looking at things...or justifying investing so much of your life and hoping that the balance sheet works.

As a "jammer" rather than someone who posts templates it's usually less than 10 minutes per track recording and 30 to 100 minutes of editing.

I have no control, so also no anxiety over how many listens a track receives. I try my best within the limitations of being just a "jammer" and have my "reward" in the enjoyment it gave me. If others also enjoy, then that's a bonus. Hopefully those on the track prior to me are OK with what was added and that respect was shown for their efforts.
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is my Music Wonderland, it's only take a few days till you get addicted! I'm so lucky to finally found this place.
aleonz from Indonesia

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.