Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Helping Frank with his computer/Audacity

Helping Frank with his computer/Audacity

posted on #1
TeeGee Supporter
This is from track #99567:
FRANK2654 wrote: TeeGee, I am Willing to Try to Make That Guitar Solo Louder At 1:40.....I Still haven't figured out how to Record a single track only without the original template included...I use audacity for recording on my computer and can't figure out how to just listen to a Mix with recording it along with the new overdub....
However I do have a standalone multitrack recorder separate from computer that does allow. But it would be nice to do this with Audacity on Computer...I think it has something to do with the computer sound card and the ability to listen to a track without recording it when recording a new track...does that make sense?"

Frank, as I answered there, I think you got to check your audacity settings. I have uploaded my settings as an image, have a look if this is what you have.
TeeGee attached the following image:

Edited by TeeGee on 3. März 2017 um 18:23
posted on #2
FRANK2654
Mitglied
TeeGee My Audacity has the Sane settings as you
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
GemmyF
Mitglied
Frank
One strategy is to make another track and copy your lead part into that track and increase the Volume at the Lead part only by using the "Rubber band" volume controls ---which enable you to lower and increase the VOLUMES in a specific spot or spots in the timeline--or during the song.
posted on #4
Don_T
Mitglied
To record the single track only is easy. You record your track as you play along with the original. Then mute the original track before you do your export. That leaves only your recording in the mp3 without the original in the mix at all. As for increasing volumes. I find a spot in the song I want to lower or raise volume, I simply highlight that section and use the effect "amplify" to either lower or raise that part. I have reaper, but keep going back to audacity a lot since I am more used to it :)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
This site is the best fun you can have with your instrument other than making love or live music. Guaranteed!
TeeGee from Germany

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.