Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Thumbs up no only for last musician of a jam

thumbs up no only for last musician of a jam

posted on #1
KapitanH
Mitglied
Hi there,

please correct me if I am wrong, but currently thumbs are given just to the musician which track you have just opened right?
wouldn't it be nice, if the 'thumbs up' would add thumbs/fans also to the musicians delivering the backing track?

I mention this because I just was the first one to thumb up a backing drum track for which the advanced version including guitars and bass had something about 14 thumbs up. So the musician adding the foundation to the whole thing got nothing.

It would be nice if there was a way of giving thumbs to the musicians individually but also to all musicians in a jam as a whole.

kind regards,
Kai
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
hey Kai,

we had a system like you are asking for in the very early days-- the problem is, if you do it that way (giving thumbs to all parent sessions) in the end, the tmplates will end up with the most thumbs, so drummers would be top of the game all the time. Thats not a good result either,
I have been thinking it would be great to have seperate votes for creativity and jammability of a track, but users propably wont like to give that much time when rating a session (look at the many ghost users that dont even give a single thumb). I'm open to suggestions :)
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
KapitanH
Mitglied
Hey Dick,

I dunno, in many tracks here on wikiloops the drummers came late into a jam, so they might not have that much of an advantage. But I agree that rhythm instruments probably get one or two votes more...

As far as time and work for voting goes, I personally would be willing to invest a few clicks to give credits to the proper people. By now I sometimes step through the history of a session, and give every musician a separate thumbs up.

But I don't have an idea for a perfect solution either. Perhaps show a thumbs up next to each musician in a jam, so that their part could be voted for separately?
posted on #4
alexj
Mitglied
I've never been that bothered about any of that really, I mean, it's not a competition or anything!

I'm quite happy just clicking 'like' for a jam as a whole piece. Someone getting lots of thumbs for a track of yours that they've remixed is offset by the fact that they remixed it in the first place, which is high praise indeed.

Just my £0.02 anyway :-)
posted on #5
simmerdown
Mitglied
"By now I sometimes step through the history of a session, and give every musician a separate thumbs up."

thats what i do
posted on #6
Lutz
Administrator
If a remix of one of my templates/songs gets thumbs, I feel honored anyway - no need of thumbs for me there.
posted on #7
Dick Supporter
to be honest, I see it relaxed like Lutz does. I have a whole bunch of old track from the starting days that never got any thumbs because there were no users, and fresh remixes will outthum thoose easily. I dont mind, geting a remix is worth many thumbs. Like some said, we are not in a thumb competition here, the only thing we should be concerned about is great tracks getting lost in the database. whenever this happens, thats a real pitty, but with some promo via shoutbox you can get some thumbs extra on theese missed sessions.
I'm working on diffrent approaches, dont think the thumb system needs a big change so far.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops - the biggest, baddest truly global jam ever. Happening right here, right now, at wikiloops.com!
jmrukkers from Switzerland

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.