Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
[Suggestion] Get a special button for images

[Suggestion] Get a special button for images

posted on #1
Neddings
Mitglied
For the past time I login the site, thinking that I have new updates on the music only to find out that it's only new images from people that I follow.

Would it be possible to move those to a seperate tab so they don't "pollute" the actual tab that tells for new collabs, new comments, etc ?

I would really like that A LOT.
+1
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
I don't know, I actually like seeing the pictures from my friends... Would not call it pollution
+1
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
OliVBee Supporter
i wouldn't call it pollution either !
+2
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
glad to have some discussion on this one...
however, we'd need to clarify wether neddings is referring to the small-screen layout (which doesn't separate music notifications from info like the desktop version does).
We might as well add an option to configure the notifications behaviour, and -besides the visual markup while online- you are not being notified about image uploads in any other way at this time (as in: no email notifications or app alerts).
I'm open for suggestions, if the image thing get's out of hand, we should take care of that. Right now, it depends on who you are following very much I guess :)
posted on #5
jmrukkers
Administrator
The images are a bit intrusive I find, especially smaller ones that get scaled up but are very low-res. Would be nice to have a toggle you could set to not include images into the newsfeed.
posted on #6
Neddings
Mitglied
@Dick The main thing I would like is so have a news button and perhaps a button for the images / different news so that there's no confusion if there's actual updates. Perhaps another icon like a picture.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/op9dhSi.png[/img]

Don't get me wrong @OlivBee and @TeeGee, perhaps my word choice of pollution was an incorrect one but if you're waiting for updates on your tracks and each time when you login the button lights up because of pictures that people have uploaded then it gets a little .. frustrating.
posted on #7
OliVBee Supporter
i think in the case you present here the pictures posted are in no way the source of your frustration ... sounds to me that you bark at the wrong tree ;)
posted on #8
Dick Supporter
@Oli - No, I think that's a bit strong from your end now :)

I'd also say adding an extra icon to the top bar for images seems a bit of a radical solution (we'd end up with quite a lot of different icons in the end when following that path...)

Right now, the info icon lights up on:
comments and comment replys on tracks, all sorts of likes, new image shares and new followers. To single out all of these to separate icons doesn't make sense (as singling out the music files does in a way, hence the separate music icon).

The number of items that can create notifications (right now, these are tracks, albums, bands, images and forum posts) has been slowly increasing, and maybe it is time to offer configuration of ones default newsfeed & notification behaviour.
That would not be too hard to offer, and -while at it- one might "poll" the individual users about which type of content they would like to see on their newsfeeds/infos.
I've been wondering long about includingthe image notification, and I'm not surprised not everybody likes that,
and i've also been wondering about including "X has stared a new forum thread" notification, but following some musician doesn't really mean I want t read his or her forum postings, or look at their new images...
so I'd rather say Neddings is on to something here, I just don't think adding icons is the correct solution at hand.

Thanks for bringing this up, and thanks for the different views, too.
+4
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #9
eGiL
Mitglied
Dick: "..and maybe it is time to offer configuration of ones default newsfeed & notification behaviour."

That's the way to do it! :)
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops has not only improved my bassplaying, but I have also made new friends around the world! For example I visited Wade in NZ last year.
haddock from Sweden

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.