Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Free recording software

free recording software

posted on #1
Tu Supporter
Hello Loopers, I havent been participating lately cause I had computer issues. I have a working computer now but Ive lost Audition which is what I recorded with. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a free trial of any software just so I can get back to having fun..even a temporary trial would better than nothing.😨
+1
posted on #2
axenvocs Supporter
Tu wrote:
Hello Loopers, I havent been participating lately cause I had computer issues. I have a working computer now but Ive lost Audition which is what I recorded with. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a free trial of any software just so I can get back to having fun..even a temporary trial would better than nothing.😨

That is truly a bummer Tu I have Audacity which is free although I am not to good at mixing and such it fits the bill for what I do . Hope that helps
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
Lirare
Mitglied
I use audacity too. It is really for free and easy to install. Just the mp3 Plugin needs a little reading to geht it installed. Audacity is a destructive DAW thus mixing and mastering is a little tricky. Recording works fine.
Studio One offers a Version you dont have to pay money for. You pay with your e-mail adress cause you need to register. It has some limits but it works fine in combination with audacity. I read an article about cakewalk. A completely free DAW with all features. I didnt try it out but it sounds promising.
+1
posted on #4
wjl Supporter
https://ardour.org/

Binaries for Windows or OSX aren't free, but you'll get a free trial to see if it's worth it.

On Linux, it's free, both as in freedom, and as in cost.

Hope that helps,
Wolfgang
posted on #5
wjl Supporter
Another way to try Ardour and lots of other good and free software is to download any Linux-based "Studio", and to burn that onto a CD or put it onto a bootable USB Stick.

Look for:

UbuntuStudio
KXStudio
AVLinux

The last one has the best (by far) documentation.

Hope that helps,
and cheers,
Wolfgang

P.S.: see parts of my environment - on Debian Linux - in my profile under https://www.wikiloops.com/gallery.php?pic=3250&u=53023
+1
posted on #6
petebass
Mitglied
hi Tu:) I use reaper which is a great daw,you can download it for 60day free trial,full program,and the licence is very reasonable.just Google reaper free download.
Pete:o
+2
posted on #7
FrankieJ Supporter
Tu wrote:

Hi Tu,
Cakewalk daw is supposedly free now.
https://cakewalk.bandlab.com/

Older versions of Audition is still downloadable. I think.
I use Audition too :)
+2
posted on #8
ddruszkowski
Mitglied
Tu,
You might check and see if the big name popular DAWs have a scaled down version for free, or for a lower price - back in 2012 I got SONAR X1 LE (Limited Edition) for $50 USD. The LE version didn't have the full functionality of the Professional version, but it still has more capability than I have ever needed. And many of the functions that weren't available in the LE version you can find in the form of free VSTs that you can download and work just fine......
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #9
Neronick
Mitglied
Free up your life! Get rid of the the term "for free".

If you have little money avoid "cheap" things.

Music should be your lover. Buy her diamonds.

If you don't have the money to love your music there is something completely wrong in your life. Just make a break with music and try to earn the little money you need to show that you love what you do. Believe me, money is important. And if you are young it is more important as you are aged.

Get rid of "for free". Every love turns to be a very expensive thing!!
:)
posted on #10
Tu Supporter
Inspiring words but please dont assume everyone is fit for work...being on a low income is not always a choice. I am disabled and like many here music is my medicine.
+4
posted on #11
wjl Supporter
Tu,

here's a video I just found, and which should give you some ideas and options:

[youtube]zyjwhNLyqE0[/youtube]

HTH,
Wolfgang
+2
posted on #12
wjl Supporter
Tu,

I had mentioned AVLinux already. Here's a video from Glen McArthur, who is a farmer by profession and the maintainer and maker of AVLinux. He and his son are also drummers, so they sampled their kits as the "Black Pearl", and the "Red Zeppelin", and included them for free into their distro. Have a look and a listen on what you can achieve with free and open source stuff - and please leave a friendly comment for Glen; we need people like him! :)

[youtube]iUSdXmlu8UQ[/youtube]

Oh, and once you have decided on a free DAW let us know which one you took.

As always, I hope this helped,
cheers,
Wolfgang
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
posted on #13
ROBJOL Supporter
Very interesting.
+1
posted on #14
StJray
Mitglied
Hi tu :)
I used for several years an excellent sequencer named Tracktion ... Simplicity of use ensured, non-destructive recording mode, compatible with the majority of plugins, ...
The T6 version is now free:
https://www.tracktion.com/products/t6-daw
+2
posted on #15
ROBJOL Supporter
Salut Ray.
Peut-on utiliser ce programme sur un Mac?
posted on #16
marmotte
Mitglied
Sur Mac en principe y'a GarageBand qui est gratuit...
+1
posted on #17
StJray
Mitglied
Hey ROBJOL, :o
If you clicked on the link ...:D
You would have learned that the software in question is multiplatform (Mac, Win and Linux, ...) and multilanguage (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Irish, Italian, ..., Japanese, Latin, Pourtugese, Russian, ...)!:W

---
The more you read, the more you know!
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Everyone deserves to be able to jam with others! supporting wikiloops with a penny here and there, and share links on the web makes this possible!
Pedersen from Denmark

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.