Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
I want to buy an electric acoustic. any recommendations?

I want to buy an electric acoustic. any recommendations?

posted on #1
Mikebanez
Mitglied
i would like a thinline body electric acoustic , something with good action. that I can take around outside and not be afraid if a twig scratches or a little sand gets on it . Price i can afford $350 or less.
thank for you any recommendations
posted on #2
LeftTheLoops9-18
Mitglied
Having just done that and I purchased a Yamaha FGX730SC.

I tried about 25 guitars before setting on that one. You will probably do that as well.

However, Ill recommend investing in an LR Bragg Session DI. I was disatisfied with all the onboard pickups on every guitar , even $1400.00 Martins. It makes a world of difference for recording. No chorus, delay and reverb are not included. Its strictly an enhancer for the pickups. [youtube]C7WPCcxAoIM[/youtube]

I used it for the first time #145756. The Yamaha has a Fishman bridge pickup. I doubletracked it with a $15 BM-800 condenser mic. The best acoustic mic you never heard of. They are all over Amazon and Ebay.

[youtube]c9Y4qLix970[/youtube]
+4
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
Mikebanez
Mitglied
thanks so much Relativity for giving me some ideas that i really didn't think of . i've been watching a lot of different reviews on youtube my head hurts.
+1
posted on #4
axenvocs Supporter
my recommendation just jump to about 5 minutes into the video [youtube]X_1nXg53xwI[/youtube]
+4
posted on #5
Mikebanez
Mitglied
damn that is cool. sounds really good . do you have one Gary?
+1
posted on #6
axenvocs Supporter
Mikebanez wrote:
damn that is cool. sounds really good . do you have one Gary?

I don't but my friend does and it sounds great
+1
posted on #7
Mikebanez
Mitglied
thanks for that. $50 on Amazon a lot cheaper than a whole guitar
I just may purchase it if i don't find what i'm looking for in an acoustic.
+1
posted on #8
nilton
Mitglied
I happen to have one of these, and im willing to let it go
[youtube]V_quMdKTb7g[/youtube]

As i think about it, I also have a plek treated Ibanez FX72 wich is currently lended out. It has a nice feature that is is equipped with both a fishman piezo and a single coil which can be continuously blended,
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #9
GBD
Mitglied
My Zoom G3 has a acoustic simulator plus many other effects and amps.
Also USB for direct recording. I use it to record everything. Vocals, Drums, Bass, Guitar…
+2
posted on #10
bluvation Supporter
LeftTheLoops9-18 wrote:
Having just done that and I purchased a Yamaha FGX730SC.

I tried about 25 guitars before setting on that one. You will probably do that as well.

However, Ill recommend investing in an LR Bragg Session DI. I was disatisfied with all the onboard pickups on every guitar , even $1400.00 Martins. It makes a world of difference for recording. No chorus, delay and reverb are not included. Its strictly an enhancer for the pickups. [youtube]C7WPCcxAoIM[/youtube]

I used it for the first time #145756. The Yamaha has a Fishman bridge pickup. I doubletracked it with a $15 BM-800 condenser mic. The best acoustic mic you never heard of. They are all over Amazon and Ebay.

[youtube]c9Y4qLix970[/youtube]

That LR Bragg Session DI. sounds awesome, quite possibly the best tone I've ever heard from an acoustic guitar! Now I want one! :|:)
Thanks for posting this:)
posted on #11
fanne
Mitglied
Surely not the best but definetley the cheapest is to mix a clean sound of your electric with a mic placed a few inches away from the neck and do some EQing 146443
+2
posted on #12
bluvation Supporter
fanne wrote:
Surely not the best but definetley the cheapest is to mix a clean sound of your electric with a mic placed a few inches away from the neck and do some EQing 146443

What's the best EQ plugin in your opinion?
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
posted on #13
fanne
Mitglied
I almost always use the EQ from Fabfilter,it sounds good and has a clear layout, maybe OliVBee could give you more details, he's a master in mixing...The LR Bragg sounds good but is primerly used,as the name indicates,for life sessions.So nothing you can't achieve in a recording session with a few plugins....my 2 cents..
+1
posted on #14
bluvation Supporter
fanne wrote:
I almost always use the EQ from Fabfilter,it sounds good and has a clear layout, maybe OliVBee could give you more details, he's a master in mixing...The LR Bragg sounds good but is primerly used,as the name indicates,for life sessions.So nothing you can't achieve in a recording session with a few plugins....my 2 cents..

Thanks for that information I'll check out that EQ, I've been using one that comes with Sonar (Sonitus) which isn't but I'm always looking for ways to improve my final mix. Thanks again for the info :)
+1
posted on #15
Mikebanez
Mitglied
[youtube]c5dGv9wMMdo[/youtube]

thank you all for your responses.
i went ahead and bought the Ibanez AEWC Thinline. I wanted something that sounds good for recording and my budget $399.
i didn't break the bank.
Now I can take it to friends house and have a few beers and noodle around on the patio.
I've only had it for a few days now. i'm loving it. The neck feels and plays like an electric and sounds like a full body acoustic.
I would recommend for anyone like me who has never owned an acoustic. I've always played electric.
thanks again all😎
Mikebanez<<^..^>>
+2
posted on #16
fanne
Mitglied
Mikebanez wrote:

i went ahead and bought the Ibanez AEWC Thinline. I wanted something that sounds good for recording and my budget $399.
i didn't break the bank.
Now I can take it to friends house and have a few beers and noodle around on the patio.
I've only had it for a few days now. i'm loving it. The neck feels and plays like an electric and sounds like a full body acoustic.
I would recommend for anyone like me who has never owned an acoustic. I've always played electric.
thanks again all😎
Mikebanez<<^..^>>

Wow! what a sound,gonne check out one myself!
+1
posted on #17
bluvation Supporter
Mikebanez wrote:

i didn't break the bank.
thanks again all😎
Mikebanez<<^..^>>

Love that cutaway, wish my Ovation had one like that, reaching the high frets is always a chore.
Great and unusual top finish too! Looks and sounds like a perfect guitar to fit your needs!:)
+1
posted on #18
Mikebanez
Mitglied
I love the sound of the Ovation. I was set on a thinline acoustic electric and searched for 3 months online and watched many youtube reviews. there are a lot of nice ones out there. but this one is a good fit for me.:)
+1
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is a real great idea. It's very exciting to talk and play with poeple all around the world. Long Live Wikiloops!
JeF31 from France

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.