Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
[closed] ticket - Comment Section Under Tracks not responding

[closed] ticket - Comment Section Under Tracks not responding

posted on #1
Ernie440 Supporter
Can't seem to delete comments I double post, etc. .. hit delete nothing happens most of the time. Sometimes edit doesn't work either. Also the comment order seems funny, when I think my comment will be after what someone just said to me, the comment I post comes up in the middle of our conversation instead of the end ... I think I said that right .. LOL
+1
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
hey ernie,
I am taking this more serious than it may have appeared lately, don't take a "Dick don't respond" as "no one cares", please!

Some of the things yu are mentioning like the broken "edit shout / delete comment" function are known to me and currently fall in my "low priority to fix" category (not that many folks shout & try to edit).

The "comment reply appears below wrong comment" issue is however quite striking, I haven't seen that myself yet, butIdon't really have thatmuch time for comment section fun these days either.
I have been tweaking things this weekend and was wondering if the issue still occurs or might have vanished.
what I can state without going too deepinto technical detail is this:
The new server deals with simultaneous requests in a different way than the old one, so if you are a heavy multiple-tabs-open-in-browser type of wikisurfer, then that increases your chance to run into odd behaviour.
Clicking things multiple times may make things worse, as more and more requests are cued and... I am aware that's natural user behaviour, I'm just telling you what I know so far.
My best bet is that when leaving a bunchof quick replysto comments, some server responses may come unexpectedly late and may be assigned to a comment you replied to earlier visually.
If that occurs to you again, please reload the tracks page and double check if your reply now sits where it is expected to end up, I'd suspect that should show the correct order, so the bug is just in the placement f the first visual response then (asopposed to the comment reply being routed to the wrong mother-comment in the database, wich would be avery severe bug).
Well, as you can tell, I haven't given up so far...
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
Dick Supporter
damnit beavis!
right you were, comment replys were displayed in wrong order, one of those rather unexpected changes due to changing the servers operating system... that one should be fixed for good.
+1
posted on #4
Ernie440 Supporter
Dick wrote:
damnit beavis!
right you were, comment replys were displayed in wrong order, one of those rather unexpected changes due to changing the servers operating system... that one should be fixed for good.

Thanks for the detailed responses ... no it wasn't a big deal to me, just thought I'd mention it as it seemed odd ... I'll check some more soon and let you know if I find anything .. but thanks for that Dick!! :W Groovy!!
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
I think the server crash just when Dick uploaded V11 must have been the worst timing ever... because now we don't always know if it is because of the server or a bug--- or both?? :O
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
so happy about ... thank you wikiloops & all those fantatstic musicians here
AKchen from Germany

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.