Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Amazing Sultans of Swing single guitar track

Amazing Sultans of Swing single guitar track

posted on #1
Administrator
Wow this is really amazing to listen to, especially if you are a guitarist it is fascinating. Give it a listen :)

[youtube]ifeYRzAOlhM[/youtube]
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Fantastic! Country, Latin and blues all rolled into one.
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
fantastic !!! amazing sound!!!:D
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
Its actually two different scales. One is dm aeolian which I argue is more important to know then the pentatonic scales.The other may be F maj for the chorus.

(Aeolian has three scales built in automatically, you can switch to dorian just just moving four frets down without effort. If you know aeoilian , you have penatonic , dorian and harmonic minor literally at your command. So just learn aeoilian and you automatically learn the others.)

The other scale I cant find as there was a youtube video showing the extra note that is not in dm aeolian. The video was a backing track and it switched screens in time with the song to show you the two scales in action. Which is why theres that one note and feel that alludes everyone.

Heres a backing you can practice to:

[youtube]RqVQtnAnI1U[/youtube]
Edited by LittleWing on Januar 13 2020 16:44
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
Oh here it is...its Dm Aeolian and D pentatonic AND Cmaj pentatonic! Ive heard cover bands do it and nobody ever gets it totally down due to the note swaps.

This guys Youtube channel is awesome. This video slows the song down at first to get you in the feel then speeds up. Just watch your screen and jam away.
The screen will guide you thru the scale changes.

[youtube]LJ00E9owetA[/youtube]
Edited by LittleWing on Januar 13 2020 16:45
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
...and just because you got me rocking out now....I actually got to see them on this tour.

[youtube]8Pa9x9fZBtY[/youtube]
Edited by LittleWing on Januar 13 2020 16:57
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
Cool Tee, nice find ... got to be a hit when the guitar sounds great by itself with nothing else added.
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
This song is dminor except the major 3rd on the A major chord (Vth) , he is following the chords very smart and the playing is exceptional šŸ˜‡šŸ¤Æ
Frenzie
posted on #9
User Avatar Supporter
Great version of this classic instrumental, thanks for sharing. This acoustic version is a favorite of mine too....
[youtube]EFDFpS9_ZWY[/youtube]
posted on #10
User Avatar Supporter
And not a not of that beat he is truly amazing Mr knopfler, I was so blown away first time hearing and still a classic!
Frenzie
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
shaneelks from United States

"Thank you for allowing musicians across the continent the chance to connect!"

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Lies mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen .