Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Timeout issues, browser doesn not react

timeout issues, browser doesn not react

posted on #1
hartmut Supporter
Problem: timeout issues, browser doesn not react.

each week when using wikiloops i get more and more timeouts when liking songs, or giving feeback to songs, or open songs to play.

after giving 3-4 likes and one or two feedbacks, most time, wikiloops does not answer my browsers request and I see this hourglass symbol circling and not ending. then i can't enter further song feedbacks or likes any more.
I cleared my browser data, reseted the router, tried a different browser, a different device, no luck!

I've got the feeling it is related to my WL account somehow, since I don't hear from similar problems affecting other users then me.

That is frustrating unfortunately (and the reason I could'nt give songs feedback for some weeks)

Help is appreciated
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
Hey Helmut,
sorry to hear about your problems. Maybe to make sure it's not something local you should try out logging into Wikiloops from a different computer somewhere else, maybe a friends laptop - just to make sure it's not something on your computer.
+1
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #5
hartmut Supporter
TeeGee wrote:
Hey Helmut,
sorry to hear about your problems. Maybe to make sure it's not something local you should try out logging into Wikiloops from a different computer somewhere else, maybe a friends laptop - just to make sure it's not something on your computer.

Thanks TeeGee for your response. Unfortunately I am experiencing the same "time-out" issue on a different computer.
So the problem remains. hhnnnn,,,,,
+1
posted on #6
OliVBee Supporter
on a different computer ... OK ... but was that from a different location / IP ? or from the same place / provider ?
+2
posted on #7
hartmut Supporter
OliVBee wrote:
on a different computer ... OK ... but was that from a different location / IP ? or from the same place / provider ?

Good point, I've tried a different location with a different WiFi network, and this afternoon NO time-out issues arised, Holy Cow! :D :D :D

Even I've got not yet a solution for my desktop, though I'm having now a feasible work-around at least, hehe.
Thanks OliVBee :)
+2
posted on #8
TeeGee Supporter
Hehe that's good news :) so you need to have a look at your wifi rooter. One thing I noticed, when I get some problems after a while, I disconnect the router from the mains for a minute, and then after it has rebooted it usually is faster...
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
so happy about ... thank you wikiloops & all those fantatstic musicians here
AKchen from Germany

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.