Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Lyric titles in profile?

Lyric titles in profile?

posted on #1
BB6
Mitglied
Would it be possible to have a tab (perhaps optional) in the User's Profile for listing the titles of lyrics the user has written (with a link)?

If this is very difficult to do, may I suggest you could integrate FreeFind into the site, quite easily I think. FreeFind doesn't search your database, but lists everything that is publicly viewable and this can be restricted to the sections you specify, in this case the Lyrics Library. It is very time consuming going through the Lyrics forum post by post to find something, eg all songs by Member xxx, and FreeFind is free, does a very good job and can be customised a bit, so its adverts are inobtrusive. It could be (ad free) paid for but I've never looked at that option. As wikiloops is at the moment, I'd probably have link to Advanced Lyrics Search under SEARCH and under LYRICS, so should be easy to integrate. Thank you.
posted on #2
BB6
Mitglied
Another thing I'd like to see, but I imagine it would probably be a big hassle for you too so it's just an idea, is listing a user's latest Lyrics post in the News Feed.
+2
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
Dick Supporter
Hey,
I do like the idea to get newsfeed notifications on lyrics written by someone I am following, that does make sense.
I have always been hesitant to inform your followers about your forum activities, it's just too different to decide "I want to be notified of this persons music!" then saying "let me know whenever this musician is involved in some forum discussion", but that doesn't apply for the lyrics,. So, yes, I'll take that on the long list.
Regarding the FreeFind suggestion... without looking at the service, I must admit that I don't see myself integrating something like that, such services often come with a (price or other) tag, so I'm a bit wary on such things. I do agree wikiloops needs some improved text search things some time down the road, but it's not likely happening any time soon.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is a must for ageing musicians like myself ! It has given me something to look forward to every day ! I have made may new great friends !
onewholeft

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.