Thief on Deck
Lyric #4477 by bassMonkey
Lyrics use permission note:
The free lyrics offered here may be used in the scope of private use.
If you would like to make use of the lyrics in a commercial context, please request permission from the author.
For details, read the Lyric license
The free lyrics offered here may be used in the scope of private use.
If you would like to make use of the lyrics in a commercial context, please request permission from the author.
For details, read the Lyric license
SUPPORTER
Posts: 499
Joined: 02.12.2020
The hangman waits with knotted rope,
Upon the scaffold high,
The sun unfolds the autumn's gold,
Into a crimson sky.
Soft birdsong floats out from the trees,
Toward my iron cage,
As I attend my final act,
Upon that wooden stage.
Condemned was I for theft of grain,
To feed my starving child,
Another victim of the crown,
That squats upon this isle.
I shooed their chaplain from my door,
No god will save my neck,
I mount the steps to shake his hand,
Upon this oaken deck.
A bag is drawn across my head,
My hands behind my back,
The trapdoor waits beneath my feet,
My servant bones to crack.
Upon the scaffold high,
The sun unfolds the autumn's gold,
Into a crimson sky.
Soft birdsong floats out from the trees,
Toward my iron cage,
As I attend my final act,
Upon that wooden stage.
Condemned was I for theft of grain,
To feed my starving child,
Another victim of the crown,
That squats upon this isle.
I shooed their chaplain from my door,
No god will save my neck,
I mount the steps to shake his hand,
Upon this oaken deck.
A bag is drawn across my head,
My hands behind my back,
The trapdoor waits beneath my feet,
My servant bones to crack.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions wird präsentiert mit freundlichem
Support von:
I am happy that I can fly with you in waves of music
Steve0526