Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
Recording and mixing tips.. for vocals, ac. guitars and brasses ;)

Recording and mixing tips.. for vocals, ac. guitars and brasses ;)

TomasFoe Posted on 26.03.2014 #1
TomasFoe
Mitglied
Posts: 13
Joined: 11.09.2013
Wikiloops has the power to inspire the home-musician to learn something new... Besides the improving playing skills and art of inter-istrument communication, most of all feel the need to have a great sound on our recordings...

Before I found you all, I did not use to record my music often... I just have kept ideas for future work, dont knowing when I will work on it...

However, the cooperation on remixes needed some portion of recording skills... After many years I started to use my old dynamic mics, which I soon found insufficient in many occasions...

2 days ago I was recording a [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-16702.php]country theme with my guitalele[/url] and I wanted to sound it nice... I was trying to do it as good as I could, though I did some mistakes... I placed a mic exactly opposite soundhole... tried some "magic" with EQ, compression and reverb... and 2 days after I hear, that I should not did many of those things...

So I started to seek information on microphone placing, recording levels, equalisation etc...

As I consider many of information found on different websites interesting for all of us, I decided to start this new thread of interesting recommendations, settings, tips, hints, tutorials, etc...

GENERAL TIPS:
[url]http://randycoppinger.com/brain-candy/[/url]

[url]http://www.thewhippinpost.co.uk/mixing-music/compression-audio-mixing.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/print/eq_and_compression_techniques_for_vocals_acoustic_guitar[/url]

[url]http://oreilly.com/digitalmedia/2005/06/22/noise.html[/url]


TIPS FOR VOCALS:
[url]http://randycoppinger.com/brain-candy/voice-processing/[/url]

[url]http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct98/articles/20tips.html[/url]

[url]https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct09/articles/qa1009_2.htm[/url]



AC. GUITAR TIPS:
[url]https://www.acousticguitar.com/News-Features/Home-Recording-Basics[/url]

[url]http://music.stackexchange.com/questions/7688/how-do-i-stop-a-sensitive-microphone-picking-up-breathing-when-recording-acousti[/url]


TIPS FOR BRASSES:
[url]http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan99/articles/brass778.htm[/url]



If you will find interesting tips and info on recording and mixing, feel free to share it with us... :)
OliVBee Posted on 27.03.2014 #2
OliVBee
SUPPORTER
Posts: 763
Joined: 07.01.2013
valuable info in there ;)
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
wikiloops online jamsessions wird präsentiert mit freundlichem Support von:
user profile image
This site is the best fun you can have with your instrument other than making love or live music. Guaranteed!
TeeGee

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.