Equalising the high hat so it sounds less loud
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2276
Joined: 27.09.2014
Guys,
I am mixing a song and I was told to reduce the volume of the high hat. But I only got a track with all the drums together. Would it be possible to do it just by fiddling the equaliser on the track? I am using qbase 8...
Any suggestions welcome, take into consideration that I am just starting to use qbase and that thing scares me ;)
Thanks, TG
I am mixing a song and I was told to reduce the volume of the high hat. But I only got a track with all the drums together. Would it be possible to do it just by fiddling the equaliser on the track? I am using qbase 8...
Any suggestions welcome, take into consideration that I am just starting to use qbase and that thing scares me ;)
Thanks, TG
Mitglied
Posts: 213
Joined: 07.03.2014
Try a "de-esser." Cubase most certainly has one. It might have a preset for hihats. It's a fairly common problem.
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there.
Shop besuchen
wikiloops online jamsessions wird präsentiert mit freundlichem
Support von:
I´m not a very good guitarist but this site is awesome. Will keep on supporting :-) Greetings from Germany :-)
Chuck Stew