Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
This track is on album XXXXXX

This track is on album XXXXXX

posted on #1
Girard
Mitglied
Is there a way to know when a track is already used on an album?

Would it be possible to have a variable in the php which looks up if a track is either in an album or a playlist, or both, and shows the little list if any? Just in small font somewhere like fine print somewhere...

I am making albums and I can never remember if I used a track already.

Please point me to the answer if I missed it! Thanks Dick!
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
Two answers:

To solve your current problem, do as follows:
1st: create a new blank playlist, let's call it "global collection"
2nd: visit your existing albums, and add all tracks to the new list
3rd: before playlisting any track to a album-to-be list, add it to that "global collection" wich includes all album tracks - that will throw a message telling you "this track is already part of this list!" in case that's so, so you will know you have albumized the track before this way - given, this is a weird workaround, it will work tho.

Secondly, I have been thinking about adding a notice "This track is featured on Album XYZ" above the "Alternative tracks with B, C and A"-box on the big jam pages - that would be nice to have (and a bit similar to the way youtube offers video-playlists among results).
That might take a bit to implement, but might be worth a go :)
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
Girard
Mitglied
Dick wrote:
Two answers:

To solve your current problem, do as follows:
1st: create a new blank playlist, let's call it "global collection"
2nd: visit your existing albums, and add all tracks to the new list
3rd: before playlisting any track to a album-to-be list, add it to that "global collection" wich includes all album tracks - that will throw a message telling you "this track is already part of this list!" in case that's so, so you will know you have albumized the track before this way - given, this is a weird workaround, it will work tho.

Secondly, I have been thinking about adding a notice "This track is featured on Album XYZ" above the "Alternative tracks with B, C and A"-box on the big jam pages - that would be nice to have (and a bit similar to the way youtube offers video-playlists among results).
That might take a bit to implement, but might be worth a go :)

OK, cool, i'll do it that way, and the ideas all sound great!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I know it's not much but my support is given, better days will come ... Thanks for creating this great Wikiloops community ...
Tutama from Portugal

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.