Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Test upload place

Test upload place

posted on #1
TeeGee Supporter
Hello Dick, I wondered if there is a possibility of having a "test upload" place, where I could upload a track where I am not quite sure if it needs tweaking, where I could discuss it with whoever is interested in helping. And once it is finished, I would delete it and then upload it to the proper place.

And to avoid it filling up there should be an automatic feature that deletes a track after a week or so.

Do you think this is possible?

posted on #2
LeftTheLoops9-18
Mitglied
Start a private room and dont invite anyone. Upload there first.Suffer the pain and humiliation of manually deleting.
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
nilton
Mitglied
Not a bad idea at all.
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
Relativity wrote:
Start a private room and dont invite anyone. Upload there first.Suffer the pain and humiliation of manually deleting.

Not sure this is what I had in mind. I want to upload it so many people can look at it and give me their opinion, so I can fix stuff and only then upload it at the correct template.
posted on #5
AnneCozean Supporter
the Private Band thing is actually pretty cool, TG. you can post a song and invite exactly who you want to listen to it and give you feedback before posting for the Masses.
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
Hey,
the advice with the band room is definetly not half bad - since TG seems to be looking for "mass feedback" and people don't necessaryly visit band contributions if not asked to do so, I'd recommend uploading to the public wiki - if you feel you'd like to re-post a better/improved version at a later time, there is nothing that will keep you from doing that, since you can supply multiple remixes to any track.
If you feel the first version needs to be removed, remove it with the "red flag" option & good you are.
To build a "temporary upload" option into the upload form seems a bit too much effort for this rather rare case I'd say,
while the downsides to above approach seem small from my end - correct me if I'm missing something.
Worst possible case is you receiving a remix on a track which you'd want to improve, but even that wont be a huge problem...
There is several cases of tracks called "XYZ - revisited" on the loops where people supplied a reworked alternative track btw.
posted on #7
TeeGee Supporter
*sigh* ok, thanks for answering though.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Making music on WikiLoops is what binds us all! Thanks for the great rides all!
Marceys from Netherlands

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.