Home » Forum » Hey there... »
Hello from Suffolk UK

Hello from Suffolk UK

posted on #1
bublnsqueak
Mitglied
Found WLoops via a bass forum. Looks (sounds) great.

Two daughters and a pretty full on job often trip me up when following my muse, making bands, jam sessions etc hard to sustain. This approach looks promising.

I will probably lurk for a bit then dip my toe in.

Also: could I have a 'k' on the end of my username please? Reg process didn't allow 11 letters and I can't find how to edit it now I'm in.

Many thanks and all the best
Paul
+2
posted on #2
titi
Mitglied
Jump into loops when you want.
Here no complex, just sharing :)
Discover the site, the musicians and especially amuses you!
Welcome here.
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
wjl Supporter
bublnsquea wrote:
Found WLoops via a bass forum. Looks (sounds) great.

Hi Paul, and welcome to the 'loops!

Cool that you found us - may I ask where that was?

bublnsquea wrote:Also: could I have a 'k' on the end of my username please? Reg process didn't allow 11 letters and I can't find how to edit it now I'm in.

Many thanks and all the best
Paul

Ask Richard aka Dick aka Baer aka MrSnuts, or any of the team members in https://www.wikiloops.com/credits.php - don't know how many characters are possible, but they will surely try to help.

Again, welcome, and have fun!

Cheers,
Wolfgang
+1
posted on #4
bublnsqueak
Mitglied
Thank you both for your kind welcomes.

I've pm'd Dick about the 'k'

Found Wloops on either Basschat or Basstalk can't remember which but one person mentioned it and others came back with positive vibes.

Thanks again
Paul
+2
posted on #5
kimbo
Mitglied
welkome to the loops from a k.:)
+1
posted on #6
OliVBee Supporter
welcome aboard ! don't forget to have fun ;)
posted on #7
mpointon Supporter
Welcome fellow East Anglian. Which bit of Suffolk are you? I'm near Newmarket but to the west just inside Cambridgeshire.
posted on #8
bublnsqueak
Mitglied
I'm in Elmswell - Just the other side of Bury from you.

But once my partner sees your Jack Daniel's avatar she will be urging me to get more involved.
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #9
bublnsqueak
Mitglied
Being new at this I have been doing a bit of research on the DAW mixing side of things.
I been gently using Audacity for a while but I have just discovered CuBase, Ableton etc etc.
Learning is the thing that drives me so I am being drawn away from making music by yet another distraction.

Waiting for my USB midi controller from eBay and I have a free copy of CuBase that came with a Zoom pedal - more expense.

Paul
posted on #10
mpointon Supporter
Ditto - other half love the JD too! Yes, you're not far. Just a shame I'm not able to play at the moment due to my surgery! But I reckon, once I'm play-fit again, some collabs should be in order!

I've been using Reaper since joining here a few years ago. It's a little clunky to use in places but just as powerful as any of the £200+ software you can get. You can use it free for 60 days and it's about £60 to fully license. Recording multi-track (usually 6-7 tracks) drums, I need something with more control than Audacity.

If you're getting Cubase with your interface, you'll be laughing. Excellent software - just beware of the infamous GAS when it comes to plugins! If you're on Windows, you'll also benefit greatly from the ASIO audio driver it'll come with which will make latency far less of a problem.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I support wikiloops because it is a creative platform. And most of all, there is nothing more creative than making your own music and sharing it.
donnersm from Netherlands

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.