Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Showcases (and browser freezey stuff)

Showcases (and browser freezey stuff)

posted on #1
mpointon Supporter
Hey Dick,

Thanks for your ongoing commitment to the 'Loops. Functionally, it just keeps improving with every iteration. How the hell you keep this place so up-to-the-minute with a day job beats the hell out of me. I can't even be bothered to do my day job half the time! But may I ask a couple of questions:

1) Showcases

I try to maintain my favourite tracks as part of my showcase (yeah, I know, we're all here to plug ourselves!). It seems you can only add to your showcase from the 'Tracks' tab and then clicking on the the star to add it. This requires a bit of finding and filtering to get the dates of the correct upload, etc.. Any thoughts or ideas how this could be made easier and, perhaps, less obscure? OR have I missed some magic button? Maybe I'm the only weirdo who rearranges their showcase on a regular basis?

Also, there's a limit on the number of showcase items? I can live with that, of course, but wondering whether the limit could be larger?

2) The Player
As a rule, I use Opera (yeah, I'm a bit non-standard in browser choice) but, as you know, is a WebKit browser like Chrome, etc., so should be pretty consistent (do Opera still claim 'ACID' compliance - I'm a bit out of date?). I also have Firefox and, on my Mac, Safari but I'm finding, when playing tracks - usually from their actual page rather than from the news feed - it hangs all other parts of the page. This happens in any of my browsers, Windows or Mac. Nothing responds, even links but the music happily carries on playing. Even a good old F5 (or Option R in the case of a Mac) has no effect. Killing the browser seems to be the only option.

Of course, in true tech support style, it only happens *sometimes*, not always. Recreating it is a matter of pot luck.

I realise the player is a third-party plugin and is probably the cause, but are you aware of this?

None of these are showstoppers, of course, but wondered if you could take a look?
+1
posted on #2
SupJax
Mitglied
1) A search by name would safe a lot time. With 300 jams it's still not too much work scrolling down and down but some have 750+. Search-by-instrument doesn't fit completely since there is Mix and Sequencer and I don't remember it all, and if you want the remixes on your showcase, a search-by-instrument won't show for remixes, it belongs to the intrument you added.
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I know it's not much but my support is given, better days will come ... Thanks for creating this great Wikiloops community ...
Tutama from Portugal

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.