Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Jobs I wish I had

Jobs I wish I had

posted on #1
Shamika Supporter
I want to be the person in the jeans factory who rips holes in the knees etc.
Imagine going to work every day and getting your anger and frustration out on those denim devils :)

So, how about you, any jobs you fancy that might be fun?[img]https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/79e66949-d3e5-42b7-9496-736cd01cf1b8.f0d9307ffe261b29dbd1a5dcca84e5cd.jpeg[/img]
+2
posted on #2
rootshell Supporter
a cannabis delivery driver in an affluent neighborhood seems like something I would enjoy when retirement is near :) UberHerb or DankDash :)
+6
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
MikeB Supporter
Park ranger.
+1
posted on #4
Shamika Supporter
rootshell wrote:
a cannabis delivery driver in an affluent neighborhood seems like something I would enjoy when retirement is near :) UberHerb or DankDash :)

Speed Weed maybe
+4
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
I always wanted to work as a restorer in motorcycle museum :)
+1
posted on #6
bluvation Supporter
A Luthier is something I'd love to be, for me there's nothing more relaxing than watching a craftsman creating beautiful stringed acoustic instruments.
[img]https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.0bbc827bb8aaf78b9811cb59f91014d8?rik=yRyAgTQwvbCbpw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fpetrosguitars.zenfolio.com%2fimg%2fs3%2fv39%2fp440840765-2.jpg&ehk=%2bQzmALQuWl5Mbs69S%2bXnnT7Sw0ZuA2yANlPr2I5HlbQ%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0[/img]
+8
posted on #7
Shamika Supporter
[quote]bluvation wrote:
A Luthier is something I'd love to be, for me there's nothing more relaxing than watching a craftsman creating beautiful stringed acoustic instruments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have a show called "The Repair Shop" (don't know if you know it) People bring in broken items, often old instruments that have some family history and sentimental attachment. The wonderful restorers bring these things back to life... They enjoy what they do so much it's addictive.

Same with TeeGee's desire There's a similar show where the restorers work on bikes and cars... again, such a satisfying job.
+2
posted on #8
Bradford Supporter
[youtube]pzg9BOPdk9Y[/youtube]
+2
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #9
TeeGee Supporter
Shamika wrote:
[quote]bluvation wrote:
We have a show called "The Repair Shop" (don't know if you know it) People bring in broken items, often old instruments that have some family history and sentimental attachment. The wonderful restorers bring these things back to life... They enjoy what they do so much it's addictive.

Same with TeeGee's desire There's a similar show where the restorers work on bikes and cars... again, such a satisfying job.

I watch both shows occasionally, very cool, I learned a trick or two from them. Although I never got my dream museum job, I do fix a lot of stuff and got a couple of old bikes I am restoring/riding and fixing. So it's a hobby... Right now I am fixing an old lathe mill combo, so in order to get it to work I had to restore some old chucks to fit, once that is done I can remove the motor of my BSA motorcycle and fix that... fix to fix to fix :D To be honest, I can't wait for my retirement age when I will be able to play with my toys every day all day :D
+2
posted on #10
bluvation Supporter
TeeGee wrote:
Shamika wrote:
[quote]bluvation wrote:

I watch both shows occasionally, very cool, I learned a trick or two from them. Although I never got my dream museum job, I do fix a lot of stuff and got a couple of old bikes I am restoring/riding and fixing. So it's a hobby... Right now I am fixing an old lathe mill combo, so in order to get it to work I had to restore some old chucks to fit, once that is done I can remove the motor of my BSA motorcycle and fix that... fix to fix to fix :D To be honest, I can't wait for my retirement age when I will be able to play with my toys every day all day :D

I'm not familiar with those shows here in California, sounds like something I would be interested in though. I subscribe to a channel on youtube where a guy repairs acoustic instruments and sets them up to play like new. Of course watching an expert doing something is a lot easier and more relaxing than doing it yourself, although I have in the past made a couple of acoustic guitars that were actually playable, not perfect by any means but then the internet wasn't around back then for researching stuff like that. :)
+3
posted on #11
Tofzegrit Supporter
🤔
Tofzegrit attached the following image:

+5
posted on #12
Shamika Supporter
* Bradford, Norrrrm - loved it, but i remember it ended badly :)

* Tofzegrit... not sure how long that job would last !

* LittleWing, Where did you go ? Off to cook more sausage and steak I bet ?
+1
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
posted on #13
FrankieJ Supporter
Tofzegrit wrote:
🤔

Protect your fingers!
+3
posted on #14
Shamika Supporter
I would like to be

* The Minister for Music and Entertainment * I wouldn't allow any bad music (stuff I didn't personally like) to be played in public, especially on car radios and in back gardens.

Just to add a little background, I had this idea in a blog I once wrote, before actually writing a song about it (which I can't upload here obviously)

The original Blog post was ....

" The radio was tuned into a music channel and I was dozing on and off awoken mostly by some commercial with a tuneful jingle. This was a relief in a way because it was the only interesting melody I'd heard on the show. In fact I may have been listening to the same song for the difference between each that I could hear. One after another with exactly the same beats, chords, voices, lyrics, arrangements, production. You really couldn't see the join!

I thought back to the 'Golden ages' of music, and songwriting in particular - maybe as far back as 1930s - 70s. The 1960s in particular were a riot of differents styles, crooners rubbed shoulders with instrumentalists and Rock bands and novelty songs.

Thinking about the samey nature of songs coming out of mainstream songwriting stables inspired me to write I'm The Minister of Music... containing the lyric "I'll put a tax on all your...Bleep... "

Ironically my song contained elements of what I was criticising but somehow it worked in a 'tongue in cheek' sort of way.
+1
posted on #15
TeeGee Supporter
:D lol you are showing some music dictatorship tendencies here!
Actally I don't listen to radio here in Germany anyway, it is sooooooooo boring and annoying - the only music station I listen to is Wikiloops radio, or Spotify where the playlists are adapted to my taste.

I used to listen a lot of radio when living in London in the 90ies, you had all these cool pirate stations, Reggae stations, dancehall, blues, jazz whatever. But now all sounds the same to me.
posted on #16
zedders Supporter
TeeGee wrote:
:D lol you are showing some music dictatorship tendencies here!
Actally I don't listen to radio here in Germany anyway, it is sooooooooo boring and annoying - the only music station I listen to is Wikiloops radio, or Spotify where the playlists are adapted to my taste.

I used to listen a lot of radio when living in London in the 90ies, you had all these cool pirate stations, Reggae stations, dancehall, blues, jazz whatever. But now all sounds the same to me.

Those kind of shows are now on the internet with access to radio all around the globe? Mainstream radio in the UK has never been up to much IMO and I've never listened to it (apart from John Peel back in the day). Pirate radio doesn't work so good on the internet, they can't duck and dive. Then again, artists should get royalties?
+2
posted on #17
byrath
Mitglied
Unless someone wanted to pay me for my half-assed homemade metal music, or pay me to watch tv or play video games, I can't think of anything that I would want to do for 20+ hours every week
+3
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is a must for ageing musicians like myself ! It has given me something to look forward to every day ! I have made may new great friends !
onewholeft

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.