Home » Forum » Musicians forum »
Mixing genres in collaboration

Mixing genres in collaboration

Shamika Posted on 12.09.2023 #1
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1071
Joined: 04.02.2012
Would you ever produce a multi-genre song or collaborate with a musician who is quite different from yourself. I'm thinking Rock and Classical, Country and Gospel, Folk and Hip Hop ?
+7
TeeGee Posted on 16.09.2023 #2
TeeGee
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2276
Joined: 27.09.2014
I always liked blues mixed with Hiphop, here is a Wikiloops one I did a while ago [wl]120087[/wl]

One of my fvourite blues Hiphop almums is good old RL Burnside, check it out [youtube]vLDN9JuAK1I?si=ZFVHYnapIj5nPuDz[/youtube]
+4
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
Bothen Posted on 16.09.2023 #3
Bothen
Mitglied
Posts: 31
Joined: 18.12.2015
I did a classical number that turned into a classical rocker. Pederson started it with his wonderful Piano skills

Dana came in and did some smoking guitar work.

CS followed with a killer bassline

and I put in some drums and percussion.

wikiloops track ID: #85607
+1
Shamika Posted on 16.09.2023 #4
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1071
Joined: 04.02.2012
TeeGee, I think your "Dizzy" is a better example of mixed genres than Burnsides actually :)

Bothen, Wow, Epic! Those classical drums fit in so well to this Rock production :W
GBD Posted on 17.09.2023 #5
GBD
Mitglied
Posts: 151
Joined: 14.09.2016
#187138 Cool Funk Bass jam by JMB65 I added a Jazz Swing beat because I don’t like staying in a box
#270136 I added drums to JMB65 in 2020 no response so I added the drums to Marceys jam.
FrankieJ Posted on 17.09.2023 #6
FrankieJ
SUPPORTER
Posts: 227
Joined: 16.07.2015
Slight mix of genre in this one.

[wl]86308[/wl]
+2
Shamika Posted on 17.09.2023 #7
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1071
Joined: 04.02.2012
GDB, thanks, nice but not too extreme yet :)

Frankie, thanks, Flamenco meets Turkish Delight :)
rootshell Posted on 17.09.2023 #8
rootshell
SUPPORTER
Posts: 626
Joined: 04.07.2020
Mark had an interesting template that I joined in on, made it a bit rock-orchestra-hip/hop style :)
[wl]222926[/wl]
+1
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
Shamika Posted on 17.09.2023 #9
Shamika
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1071
Joined: 04.02.2012
Wow, that really works, powerful film soundtrack I'd say
+1
Krasimir Posted on 19.09.2023 #10
Krasimir
SUPPORTER
Posts: 291
Joined: 24.01.2016
Why not all experiments are welcome. From other point of view result is unpredictable but always can delete the collaboration. B)
+1
zedders Posted on 19.09.2023 #11
zedders
Mitglied
Posts: 281
Joined: 30.01.2021
Krasimir wrote:
Why not all experiments are welcome. From other point of view result is unpredictable but always can delete the collaboration. B)
No need even to do that is there?

I love the loops best when the completely unexpected happens, it's wonderful that different folk hear different things in a track, it's the beating heart of wikiloops.
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions wird präsentiert mit freundlichem Support von:
user profile image
I support wikiloops because it's a great way for musicians around the world to share ideas and not have their egos kill each other. Thanks.
abyssinal

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.