Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
Reaper basic edits

reaper basic edits

posted on #1
Neronick
Mitglied
I own a reaper licence but don't know some simple things to use for the first time.
1. How to duplicate verse2 in a song with 3 verses?
1A. How to create the gap?
1b. How to mark verse2 only and paste it to this gap?
1C. How to find the right millisecond for the borders of the verse2? You should not notice the editing work.

I do not have much experience with cut and paste in music. I guess I never used punch-in successfully in the time of tapemachines.

Thanks for short hints.
The documentation is not really written for my taste. It is all too much. But the software works well on my old computer.
posted on #2
DanDiplo
Mitglied
I've just started using Reaper, so am not at all an expert, but I do it this way:

To duplicate a verse I will position the cursor at the start, then right click and use "Split Item at Cursor". Repeat for the end of your verse. I think you can do the same for selected region using "Split at Region"

http://en.wikiaudio.org/Reaper:Split_regions

This will then give you an "chunk" of verse you can copy and paste anywhere.
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Shop besuchen
posted on #3
Shi Supporter
that's a cool tip there DanDiplo ! :)
posted on #4
mpointon Supporter
DanDiplo wrote:
I've just started using Reaper, so am not at all an expert, but I do it this way:

To duplicate a verse I will position the cursor at the start, then right click and use "Split Item at Cursor". Repeat for the end of your verse. I think you can do the same for selected region using "Split at Region"

http://en.wikiaudio.org/Reaper:Split_regions

This will then give you an "chunk" of verse you can copy and paste anywhere.

This is how I've always done it. You can also drag/extend these edits slightly into each other to quickly cross-fade from one edit to the next. On my Mac version of Reaper, the 'S' key will split the item at the cursor for you. In my case, I'm often splitting 7 tracks in the same position. Just position the cursor where you want the split to be, hold shift (or Ctrl) and click on all the tracks you want to split in the same place and then split them.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
A great site to improve my piano backing skills. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to become a better player. Nice work Wikiloops!
AndRooM from Australia

wikiloops.com verwendet Cookies um Dir die beste Nutzererfahrung zu ermöglichen.
Erfahre mehr in unseren Datenschutzbestimmungen.